95% of U.K. emissions are nothing to do with livestock - the remaining 5% most are associated with some kinds of farming and not others
As for ‘we should eat industrial chicken instead’… don’t even get me started
It’s 95% + fossil fuel usage
Exciting news about Orkney Boreray!
The book tells the story of the Orkney Boreray sheep, their history since their ancestors came to Scotland and the growth of the Orkney Boreray Community.
Orkney now has FIVE flocks of Orkney Boreray ...
Sheep from the founding Burnside flock and the Lochend, Shapinsay flocks travelled to three new flocks on the islands of Stronsay and Hoy, making five flocks in total.
Orkney Boreray Mutton gains Slow Food Interna...
Orkney Boreray is recognised by Slow Food International as a Presidium — the second in the whole of Scotland.
Orkney Boreray Mutton Soon Available
Sheep from the Shapinsay and Settisgarth flocks were recently taken to the abattoir in Dingwall and Orkney Boreray mutton will soon be available from Macbeth's in Forres.
New Orkney Boreray Website Launches
Welcome to the brand new website for the Orkney Boreray Community — a hub of information, latest news and updates from The Lost Flock.
Grazing for Nature
Orkney Boreray sheep move across the land in a controlled imitation of wild grazing herds — at a time when Orkney is exploding with plant growth.